1965
2015
Former drug store of Denis Ranger at the angle of Wellington and Booth Street
Emptyness in Lebreton Flats in 2015
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA021012
We gave it a
-5
The NCC expropriated and let Lebreton Flats sits empty for 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-4.4
70 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before

Denis Ranger drug store occupied the former north-west corner of Wellington Street and Booth Street in 1962 at Lebreton Flats.  Up until 1928, it had been the Nolan Drug Store, owned by Patrick “Paddy” Nolan who became a mayor of Ottawa a few years later. In 1928, it was purchased by a native son of the “Flats”, Denis E. Ranger, who had recently graduated from the Ontario College of Pharmacy. He remained the owner until the 1963 expropriation.

A family, most likely residents of the Flats, was crossing the street when the archival photo was taken.


x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.