~1950
2013
Hydro-Ottawa Station on King-Edward in 1950
Hydro-Ottawa Station on King-Edward in 2013
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-3
A highway cuts through the Byward Market and has replaced the linear park on King-Edward.
Visitors's vote
-2.5
42 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The Hydro-Ottawa Station on King-Edward was designed by the architect W.C. Beattie in the 1920s.  Despite the drastic changes that King-Edward went through, from an treed neighbourhood street to a highway style boulevard, the Hydro-Ottawa station remained almost exactly the same: only the main front door arc was removed.

The front lot was pushed back to accommodate the width of the new King-Edward.

The building is also much more isolated than it used to be now that the surrounding buildings are gone. 
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.