~1938
2012
Langevin Block on Wellington
Langevin Block on Wellington
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-2
Visitors's vote
-0.3
23 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
Due to the critical lack of office space on Parliament Hill, the south side of Wellington was designed to host a new departmental building.  Instead of going for the Gothic Revival style of the building on Parliament Hill, it was decided to align the design of that new building with the already existing buildings of the Bankers' Row along Wellington street.

In 1895, it hosted the Post Office Department, the Department of Agriculture, the Patent Branch and the Department of Indians Affairs.

In 1975 the building was retro-fited and is now hosting the PCO.  In 1974 is became protected by the Ontario Heritage Act.
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.