1910
2012
The Russell House in 1910
Public Space on Elgin in 2012
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-5
Sparks was shortened. Emptiness replaced an hotel, restaurants, shops and theaters.
Visitors's vote
-2.5
32 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The Russell House has been demolished in the 1920s after being damaged by a fire.  The War Memorial sits where the Russell House used to be.
30 APR
2014
Andy
The Russell House Hotel was not demolished to make way for anything. It was abandonned by its owner in 1925 and left to rot until it burned down to almost nothing in 1928. The remains of the building were then bulldozed for obvious reasons. Replaced by "emptiness" is not an appropriate way to refer to our Cenotaph which honours the brave men and women who have given their lives in service of our country so that we may remain free and safe. Please consider rewording the comments that disrespection our War Memorial.
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.