change
Order
Display
~1970
2014
People in front of the Rialto in Ottawa around 1970
Former peoeple on bank,
sources
The Way We Were
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-3
Parking spaces are there since a few decaded. Lack of people with style.
Visitors's vote
-4.0
104 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The Rialto on Bank Street at Frank Street opened in 1914 and was known as the "Little Clarey".   Right after the WWI, Tom Clarey sold the theatre and it became "The Fern" until it shot down in 1930....
~1975
2014
Corner of Bank and Frank in Ottawa around 1975
Corner of Bank and Frank in Ottawa in 2014
sources
Urbsite
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
+2
More or less the same, just better.
Visitors's vote
+1.4
118 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
All the buildings in the archival photo are still up.  The cobbler in the building located on the South-East corner of Bank Street and Frank Street a été remplacé par le restaurant Fauna.  The ground floor of the 424 Bank Street is occupied by Farrah's Hair Studio are Bead Dreams....
Read more >>
~1910
2014
Aerial view of Elgin Street in Ottawa around 1910
Aerial view of Elgin Street in Ottawa around 2014
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-5
The dynamic in the core would have been totally different if Elgin would have not been widened.
Visitors's vote
-1.0
116 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
This aerial view reveals that the northern section of Elgin Street has drastically changed over the years.  Essentially, all the buildings located on the East side of Elgin Street have been demolished to make room for the NAC and the War Memorial.  We believe that the dynamic of downtown Ottawa...
Read more >>
1920
2014
Langevin Block and Rideau Club on Wellington
Langevin Block and Rideau Club on Wellington
Title: Langevin Block, Ottawa, Ont. Reference number: 3319263
We gave it a
-3
NCC could not think of anything better than a statue and tourism info centre.
Visitors's vote
-0.7
105 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
This archival photo shows the Langevin Block, the first federal building to be built outside the hill.  The building on the West side of the Langevin Block is the former Rideau Club which was demolished in 1979 after it had been damaged by a fire.  Forty years later, Public Works...
Read more >>
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.