Lebreton Flats

1962
2015
Former intersection of Duke and Booth Street in Lebreton Flats.
Former intersection of Duke and Booth Street in Lebreton Flats.
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA020815
We gave it a
-5
It was industrial, lots of cars, but at least there was activities and stores.
Visitors's vote
-3.3
78 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
This comparison demonstrates a bit more the industrial past of Lebreton Flats.  We don't have the exact story of the buildings shown on the archival photo, but it seems that the garage at the corner of Duke and Booth had a certain affinity with Seiberling Tires from the numerous ads...
Read more >>
1962
2015
Former 179 Broad Street in Lebreton Flats in Ottawa
Former 179 Broad Street in Lebreton Flats in Ottawa
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA020993
We gave it a
-5
The NCC expropriated and let Lebreton Flats sits empty for 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-3.9
58 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
This 3-story building was located at 179 Broad Street in Lebreton Flats, Ottawa.The desolating aspect of the current state of this part of town is a reminder of how poorly the NCC have dealt with Lebreton Flats for over half a century....
1965
2015
Former drug store of Denis Ranger at the angle of Wellington and Booth Street
Emptyness in Lebreton Flats in 2015
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA021012
We gave it a
-5
The NCC expropriated and let Lebreton Flats sits empty for 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-4.3
69 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
Denis Ranger drug store occupied the former north-west corner of Wellington Street and Booth Street in 1962 at Lebreton Flats.  Up until 1928, it had been the Nolan Drug Store, owned by Patrick “Paddy” Nolan who became a mayor of Ottawa a few years later. In 1928, it was purchased...
Read more >>
1962
2015
Former building at 50 Ottawa in Lebreton Flats in Ottawa in 1962
Construction site at Lebreton Flats
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-5
An entire district demolished by the NCC and they let it rot for more than 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-4.1
81 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The 50 Ottawa Street at the intersection of Booth Street was once again light years away from where the same location is in 2015.  The 3-story building had interesting architectural details like its pronounced cornice and the tiles at the entrance of the shops.  A confectionery and Up Town Rose...
Read more >>
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.