Lebreton Flats

1962
2015
82 fleet Street, Lebreton Flats, Ottawa
82 fleet Street, Lebreton Flats, Ottawa
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA020921
We gave it a
-5
A whole community was expelled for the sake of progress, which has still yet to materialize.
Visitors's vote
-4.2
99 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The 82 Fleet Street shows the ambiance and lifestyle that used to exist in Lebreton Flats.  The 3-story building with a grocery store on the ground floor surely contrasts with the improvised parking sitting on former lot F-8-19 when the photo of 2015 was taken....
1962
2015
72-74 Fleet Street, Lebreton Flats, Ottawa in 1962
72-74 Fleet Street, Lebreton Flats, Ottawa in 1962
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA020920
We gave it a
-5
NCC could not think of anything better than a statue and tourism info centre.
Visitors's vote
-4.6
54 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
This mix-used building was located at 72 and 74 Fleet Street at Lebreton Flats. For more than 40 years, Fleet Street disappeared from the cadaster of Lebreton Flats after the NCC expropriated the whole neighbourhood to build the Defense headquarter. This project was never started. The street came back to...
Read more >>
1962
2015
Former Palace House located at 183 Broad Street at Lebreton Flats.
Emptyness at Lebreton Flats.
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA021011
We gave it a
-5
The NCC expropriated and let Lebreton Flats sits empty for 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-4.5
51 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The Palace House was located on Broad Street, last street on the west-side of Lebreton Flats.From the inscription on top of the building name. it looks like the Palace House was one of the buildings built on the re-birth of Lebreton Flats after the fire of 1900....
1962
2015
547 Wellington Street in Lebreton Flats around 1962.
547 Wellington Street in Lebreton Flats around 1962.
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: 547 Wellington Reference number: CA021027
We gave it a
-5
The NCC expropriated and let Lebreton Flats sits empty for 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-4.0
70 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
Built in 1873, the manse of the Western Methodist Church, architecturally interesting building, occupied the 547 Wellington Street in Lebreton Flats in 1962.  Miraculously, the manse and the church survived the 1900 fire which demolish two thirds of Hull and 20% of Ottawa.  Fifty years later, the building survied a first phase of demolition...
Read more >>
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.