Wellington street

~1930
2014
Orme Hall on Wellington Street in Ottawa.
Renovation on Wellington Street.
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-3
Building own by a small local company demolished to make room for a the expansion of a bigger one.
Visitors's vote
-3.4
83 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
Orme Hall was located on Wellington Street in Ottawa. One of its owner was the piano maker James Lawrence Orme who also had a shop on Sparks Street.The Orme Hall was demolished in the late 1950 to make room for the expansion of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company....
1938
2014
Wellington Street and Orme Hall.
Wellington without and Orme Hall.
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-2
Building with direct street access replaced by a bigger one with less
Visitors's vote
-2.8
74 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
1938
2014
the 96 to 102 Wellington Street in Ottawa before the American Ambassy was built
the 96 to 102 Wellington Street in Ottawa after the American Ambassy moved.
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-5
Abandonned buildings and parking lots have now replaced an once upon a time prestigious block.
Visitors's vote
-4.2
105 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
Those two buildings, right in front of Parliament, was part of the Banker's Row.  The arrival of the American Embassy deeply changed this once prestigious block.  The ambassy has been relocated since more than 10 years and yet, those prime parcels are still sitting empty....
1938
2014
South-East corner of Wellington Street and O'Connor Street downtown Ottawa
South-East corner of Wellington Street and O'Connor Street downtown Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-5
A single building of that prestigious section of Wellington Street has been saved.
Visitors's vote
-0.7
87 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The block formed by Metcalfe Street, Wellington Street and O'Connor Street was known as the Bankers' Row because of the several banks present on that block, right in front of the Parliament.  The corner of Wellington Street and O'Connor, on the current photo, was the west end of that prestigious...
Read more >>
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.