Booth Street

1962
2015
Former 165 Booth Street in Lebreton Flats in Ottawa in 1962
Former 165 Booth Street in Lebreton Flats in Ottawa in 1962
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA021054
We gave it a
-5
The NCC expropriated and let Lebreton Flats sits empty for 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-3.5
70 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The form Glover's Grocery & Meat Market was located at the South-East corner of  Booth and Wellington Street.  The church on the left-hand side on the photo is the Église unie Saint-Marc that was located on Wellington Street up until 1965 when it had to move and relocate at the...
Read more >>
1965
2015
Former drug store of Denis Ranger at the angle of Wellington and Booth Street
Emptyness in Lebreton Flats in 2015
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: CA021012
We gave it a
-5
The NCC expropriated and let Lebreton Flats sits empty for 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-4.4
74 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
Denis Ranger drug store occupied the former north-west corner of Wellington Street and Booth Street in 1962 at Lebreton Flats.  Up until 1928, it had been the Nolan Drug Store, owned by Patrick “Paddy” Nolan who became a mayor of Ottawa a few years later. In 1928, it was purchased...
Read more >>
1962
2015
Former building at 50 Ottawa in Lebreton Flats in Ottawa in 1962
Construction site at Lebreton Flats
sources
City of Ottawa
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-5
An entire district demolished by the NCC and they let it rot for more than 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-4.1
88 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
The 50 Ottawa Street at the intersection of Booth Street was once again light years away from where the same location is in 2015.  The 3-story building had interesting architectural details like its pronounced cornice and the tiles at the entrance of the shops.  A confectionery and Up Town Rose...
Read more >>
~1950
2013
Aerial View of LeBreton Flats around 1950
Aerial View of LeBreton Flats in 2013
Title: Untitled. Reference number: No reference number provided.
We gave it a
-5
An entire district demolished by the NCC and they let it rot for more than 50 years.
Visitors's vote
-2.3
113 votes
Vote here
  • -5
  • -3
  • 0
  • +3
  • +5
better
now
better
before
You know the story....
x close

Stay Updated!

Receive an email everytime we publish a new comparison.








submit

ps. don't worry, we keep your email for ourself.